St. Petersburg state University of technology and design was established in accordance with the order by the Supreme Council of National economy of the USSR of 26 April 1930, No. 1287 as the Leningrad textile Institute, which by decision of the Presidium of the CEC of the USSR on August 31, 1935 named after S. M. Kirov. At the moment the University has the status of Federal state budget educational institution. Functions and powers of the founder of the University are performed by the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation.
The Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation is located at: Moscow, ul. Tverskaya, d. 11 GSP-3. Phone / Fax: +7 (495) 539-55-19 / +7 (495) 629-08-91. E-mail: [email protected] Website: Ministry of education and science.of the Russian Federation. Working hours: Mon. – Fri. 9:00 – 18:00, Sat. – Sun. – days-off.
Full name: Federal state budgetary educational institution of higher professional education "Saint-Petersburg state University of technology and design" / Saint-Petersburg State University of Technology and Design.
Short name: SPSUTD/ SPSUTD.
Today the University is a multidisciplinary educational complex consisting of 14 institutes, 2 colleges, 8 schools – small schools. Currently print leads multilevel training on educational programs of 202 design, engineering, humanitarian, economic and pedagogical directions. Training is conducted both at the expense of means of the Federal budget and under contracts with payment of tuition fees. Training programme with full and short training period is carried out in different forms: full-time, part-time (evening), correspondence, correspondence with application of remote technologies.
Working mode of University : Mon. – Fri. 10.00 – 18.00.