Located in the eastern side of the highest part of the island, he attracts the attention. Unlike other palaces of the time Elaginoostrovsky palace was the summer residence, designed for seasonal guests staying there. It was conceived as an alternative resting place Pavlovsky widow Empress Maria Feodorovna. These features are reflected in the layout and interior design.
Constituted a suite staterooms and located on the first floor of the palace. Center of the composition served large oval room, adjoined to it symmetrically two living rooms – Blue and Crimson. Through crimson lounge guests walked in the dining hall. From the Blue room was accessible to the Cabinet room, bedroom and dressing of Maria Feodorovna. Enfilade completed by the premises: Camera – yungferskoy (Freylinskoy) and passing – on the one hand, handicap Cantina – on the other.
Front opened the front entrance to the palace on the oil meadows. Located near Ladder. Hence the owners of the wooden stairs of the palace rose in the living rooms of the second floor. On the third floor was the home church of St. Nicholas.
The interiors of the palace huge role decoration. Sculpture and painting equally played a major role and contributed to a festive and elegant gala interiors.
Interior of the palace is distinguished by its splendor and meet the requirements and tastes of the time. Best sculptors , painters , decorators , furniture , bronze – on sketches chief architect created ceremonial palace interiors . There worked such sculptors as S.Pimenov, V.Demut -Malinovsky , painters , decorators , J. B. Skotti , A. Vigi , B. Medichi , F. Triskorni and S. Moderni , master of artificial marble Ya.Schennikov , modelers N . Aparin and N.Sayagin , furniture G.Gambs , I.Bauman , A. Tur , V. Bobkov , bronze masters of A. Shreyber , I. Dipner , upholsterers , carvers .
Until 1917, the palace belonged to the imperial family. After the revolution of 1917 the palace was transferred to the People's Commissars Petrograd.
From 1918 to 1929, the Palace became Elaginoostrovsky Museum of history and life. His collection is not only preserved, but also replenishes items from the disbanded cottages on Stone and Krestovsky islands. In 1930 the palace was closed, the collection is scattered, some of the works submitted to the funds of the Hermitage, the Russian Museum, the Gatchina Palace, others are sold through domestic and foreign trade organizations. Some time after the dissolution of the building Elaginoostrovsky palace located branch of the Institute of Plant Sciences Academy.
During the Second World War the palace was badly damaged: in a fire in early 1942 killed interiors, collapsed roof and floor slabs. After the war, given the immense artistic value ensemble Rossi were started restoration work. First it was supposed to rebuild the palace under the building for dancing and games of the Central Park of Culture and Recreation.
After studying and organizing historical materials was decided to restore the historic appearance of the palace and ceremonial halls of the first floor . From 1952 to 1960 continued the restoration work .
In 1961, the restored palace received its first visitors as the base day rest workers with exhibition halls on the first floor , lounges and pool halls on the second and a dance hall in the church building of the Saint . Nicholas on the third . Only in 1987 was returned to the palace museum status , started a lot of work for the return of lost items , creating the palace collection .
Currently on the first floor of the palace in the staterooms and artistic interiors presented in the Empire style. Visitors can get acquainted with the works of painting, sculpture and decorative arts of the first third of the XIX century from the Elaginoostrovsky Palace Museum. Upstairs hosts exhibitions of arts and crafts.
Mon – Sun: 10.00 – 18.00
Ticket office: 10.00 – 17.30
Closed on Monday
Cleaning Day: Last Tuesday of each month
Dear friends, pay your attention, to the fact that the time and days of work of "Elaginoostrovsky Palace – Museum" can change, so before visiting it we recommend you to call +7 (812) 430 – 11 – 30